Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fast forward 2 months…

So, yeah, I have not been so good about keeping up with my blog.  The combination of working full time and being a mom has gotten the best of me.  I have a hard time keeping up with a lot of things.  Blogging, laundry, making baby food, showering.  You name it, I’ve been slacking on it.

One thing I have been good about is taking Scarlett’s monthly picture.  This is my favorite girl at 6 months:

6 months

And at 7 months:

7 months

Since my last post around 5 months old, Scarlett got her first tooth on 11/12 (5.5 months old).

tooth

The first tooth resulted in trying out her first food.

food food2

  She enjoyed it thoroughly.  Since then she’s had carrots, avocado, applesauce, sweet potato, pears, green beans, squash and blueberries.  And I’ve made all her food.  Don’t worry, I’ve already patted myself on the back.  :)

tday

We celebrated her first Thanksgiving over my parents house.  No turkey for her but she had fun all the same.

fish hat fish hat2

I finished her fish hat and I love it!  Plus, it used up some leftover yarn I had, which is a bonus.

tooth2

She got her second tooth on 11/28 at 6 months old.  She now has three teeth but I didn’t get a picture of the third one.  They all came within two weeks of each other.  No top teeth yet…

beiber 

I realized I may have the real Beiber baby.  I mean, look at that hair!  He can’t deny that DNA!

santa

We saw Santa for the first time.  I wasn’t sure how she would react.  Normally she’s a happy, social baby but you never know with Santa.  She was fine.  Smiled for the camera and everything.  And can I just say how awesome this Santa is?  He was so sweet and patient and he had a real beard.  A + in my book!

xmas 

Scarlett’s first Christmas was just perfect.  Nothing too extravagant.  Nothing too over the top.  We had a nice breakfast (baked french toast that I found on pinterest…YUM!) and then opened gifts.  Afterwards we took a much needed nap on the couch and then we went over to my parents house to open more gifts and have dinner.  The perfect day.

xmas2xmas3

That was the first time she sat up on her own, unassisted, for more than a few seconds.  Since then she’s been having a blast sitting on the floor and playing with her toys.  If anyone is interested, I got the bow from my friend, Annie, who owns Little Miss Muffets.  She makes and sells bows, onesies, tutu’s, and other fun stuff.  You can find her shop on facebook. 

7 months2

Another cute bow on a cute girl.  :)

sweater

This was the sweater I made for her for Christmas.  We won’t tell anyone that I didn’t finish it until after Christmas, now will we?  I did finish before New Year’s, so that counts for something, right?

standing 

Scarlett hasn’t started pulling up just yet but she will hold herself there for a few seconds if you stand her up.  I’m so not ready for her to be mobile.  I think I might have at least another month before she starts crawling.  She just started sitting up so I hope it’s at least another month.

splash

Just last week she discovered splashing.  Normally, when we give her a bath Courtney has to hold her hands so she doesn’t scratch.  Her eczema is a constant battle.  We’ve been to umpteen doctor’s appointments.  I thought her appointment with Johns Hopkins pediatric dermatology would bring us some relief but they basically told me to keep putting Aquaphor on it.  Needless to say, I did not make a follow up appointment.  Her pediatrician thinks it’s all related to food allergies so I’ve stopped breastfeeding (still sad about that) and we’ve put her on a new formula that is allergen free.  The bath picture was from when she was on an oral steroid which gave her about 9 days of relief.  I was told to bathe her every day but make them short (about 5 minutes) baths.  She was having so much fun for once so we let her play in the bath for about 15 minutes.  My pants were soaking wet but it was so worth it to see her have fun in the bath.  We’re still waiting to see if the new formula makes a difference or not, now that she’s off the oral steroid.   I pray that it does because it kills me to see her so itchy all the time.

And I think that officially brings me up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment