Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I’ve got the itch

I’m a knitter. I love yarn. The colors, the texture, the possibilities. I just don’t have the time to knit as much as I’d like. I made two hats for Scarlett before I knew she was a Scarlett. I had two outfits to bring to the hospital. One for a girl and one for a boy. A hand knit hat to come home in was a must. And this hat would have to match the outfit, of course. So I made one hat for a boy and one for a girl.


197_medium2 004_medium2





I never got a picture of the boy outfit but it was a white onesie with a green giraffe on it and it had grey pants and a grey and white striped hoodie to go with it. This is Scarlett in her coming home outfit.


246622_10150210819817268_836562267_6980849_130657_n


It was over 100 degrees when we left the hospital but dammit, she wore that hat. She’s only worn it once since then and I think it will be the last.


294707_10150289069652268_836562267_7631282_955161_n


It was a little chilly in the mornings when we went on vacation to Keene Valley, NY last month so you better believe I put that hat on her. But, as you can see, it wasn’t going to fit her much longer. A new hat would be needed for this fall/winter. And I’ve got that “I need to knit” itch, so I have a couple hats I want to make her.


I saw this hat on etsy and knew I needed one.


il_570xN_191201524Don’t want to make one? Buy one here.


So cute you want to claw your eyes out, right? Right.


I am fairly certain I can make one of these myself. I have a pattern for a hat that is that shape, I just need to add the bobbles and add some ears. We’ll see if it turns out or not.


My second choice (and I may just make this one as well because a girl can not have too many accessories) is this hat:


Fishy_hat_-_01_medium2 Ravelry link


Hat_27Jan2011_2_medium2


Ravelry link


How cute is that? What baby wouldn’t love a wooly fish eating their head? The pattern is one size and is probably better suited for bigger kids/adults. I think if I went down in needle size and went with a finer yarn it should be small enough to fit Scarlett this year. This will also use up a lot of the leftover yarn I have from other projects. Can’t wait to start on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment